Tuesday, May 17, 2011

HARDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE !!

Greetings once again---First and foremost I must confess that my first post as well as this post have NOT gone as I had anticipated..With Memorial Day right around the corner I thought it would be appropriate to dwell on the first theme of my blog--WARRIORS..
I have met many, I served with many, I have laughed, cried, eaten, drank and riden alongside many..In our younger years whiskey and beer served to loosen our tougues and we spoke freely about our exploits..I listened attentively to their stories, often the conversations would just stop cold and the story never completed-like a safety valve of some sort had been activated, then, with pressure released, it shut off any further flow..
These were my generation of WARRIORS the Vietnam Veterans.. I had intended to introduce a few of my closer friends but have been met with stern refusals, in one case an unmistakeable air of hostility became evident..Almost as if I had betrayed an unspoken trust..Not a one felt compelled to share his story on this blog..Being a Vietnam era veteran I can easily recall the kind of lost feelings I had back then..I couldn't wait to come home on leave--then, after a day or two--I couldn't wait to be back on base..Friends that felt uncomfortable being seen with me (especially if I was in uniform)..Kind of a wierd time for us all I geuss..My failure to get these two posts going in the dirrection I wanted has tought me that forgiving-healing-and forgeting is HARDER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE...
******************
I picked up a new camera for this blog and thought I'd play around a bit with it.Check out my bike-still in winter mode (windshield). We've covered 23,000 miles together..2002 Low Rider..My tenth bike..I thought about it for a while "ten bikes, easy 10,000 miles plus on each one-lot of ground covered on two wheels.."
Hope to talk to you soon-Might not be about WARRIORS but we'll have something to say and the quality of my photography can only get better.Health and happiness to you and yours...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice bike.I have the same model the same year but in blue and with only 13500 miles.