Wednesday, April 17, 2013

PLACES--A MISSION TO 'CABELAS'


FIRST OFF THIS WAS NOT THE POST I HAD PLANNED TO DO THIS TIME AROUND, BUT GOD WILLING, THERE WILL BE TIME ENOUGH LATER ON TO DO THE 'WEIRD' POST THAT I HAD MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY..


I AM GOING TO ASSUME THAT 95% OF THE FOLKS READING THIS BLOG HAVE HEARD OF 'CABELAS' OUTDOOR SPORTS CATALOGUES AND STORES.. HOWEVER, NOT EVERYONE HAS HAD THE CHANCE TO VISIT ONE OF THESE OUTSTANDING OUTLETS...

I WAS NOT ABOUT TO RESEARCH HOW LONG THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS-WHO STARTED THE BUSINESS OR HOW IT GREW TO BE SUCH A FAMOUS OUTFITTER FOR THOSE OF US WHO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS..RATHER I JUST INTENDED TO TAKE YOU ALONG ON A PHOTOGRAPHIC JOURNEY OF THE OUTLET IN EAST HARTFORD ...

I WAS ON A MISSION--AND REMEMBERING HOW IMPRESSED I WAS WITH MY LAST VISIT, I DECIDED TO TAKE THE CAMERA ALONG...I WISH I COULD POST ALL THE PHOTOS I TOOK BUT THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE ON THIS BLOG...HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SIGHTS....








MISSION ACCOMPLISHED-GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR  STEVE-GREAT GUY YOU'VE MET HERE BEFORE
HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY STEVE
*JIM*

2 comments:

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Now we know what your mission was! Lucky Steve. Birthday greetings!
Being in the 5% Jim, I enjoyed the tour around very much, never seen anything like it or heard of the company. Do you know the story behind all of those stuffed animals? Magnificent displays, if not a little eerie. I'm really curious as to the background and the sources.

time traveler said...

Hello Rose--good to hear from you-I really don't know the story behind those animals however I don't think they are really stuffed animals rather they are reproductions (just my geuss)..There is also a walk through aquarium-endless fishing gear-archery-a shooting range with laser rifles-an endless array of camping equipment and clothing-a antique gun show room--rifles-pistols-and all the gear to go along with them..However, the situation here in Connecticut is boardering on insanity and the ammo shelfs were bare..No ammo for my 45 and I bought the last two boxes of 357 ammo...